So I'm going to start sharing more of my wedding planning journey, and how I'm doing things just that little bit differently.
The very first thing I did was find some inspiration and some organisation. I searched through a lot of online tools for budgeting, guest lists and vendor lists and have found Wedding Wire the best - I wrote about it here. They also have a mobile app which I have used many many times.
For inspiration, Pinterest is of course top of the list, but there are also some great websites that give you something a little different from the mainstream.
- Magnolia Rouge is a NZ blog full of romantic, modern ideas. They also produce an Mag Rouge, their online mag that's on my must-read list.
- Grey Likes Wedding is not only great elegant content but you can search weddings by colour palete and season.
- The Knot is like an Australian Martha Stewart with lots of ideas for the little details. The email newsletter is worth signing up for.
- Style Me Pretty has lots of the type of real weddings that are really beautiful. I think of it as the best part of wedding magazines, all in one place.
- Belle the Magazine focuses on sophication. It's a nice break from all the romantic, rustic weddings, and has been great inspiration for me finding my balance between elegants and opulance.
I'd love to know what's been your wedding style? And where did you go for inspiration and direction?